Audit Under GST
As per section 35(5) of CGST Act, 2017, Every registered person whose turnover during a financial year exceeds the prescribed limit (As per latest GST rules, the turnover threshold is Rs.2 Crores) shall get his accounts audited by a chartered accountant or a cost accountant and shall submit a copy of audited annual accounts, reconciliation statement under section 44(2) and other documents in such form and manner as may be prescribed before 31st of December of subsequent year.
We at BCS conduct the audit of books of account under GST provisions covering the following aspects:
- Review of classification of goods and services as per HSN system
- Review of outward liability on monthly basis to match the GST returns filed
- Review of eligible Input tax credit claimed during the audit period
- Review of tax return filed during the year as per the due dates prescribed
- Review of reconciliation report and annual return filed
- Review of exemptions and concessions availed during the period We ensure to add value to our service rather than merely a certification activity.