KYC for Directors
- As part of updating its registry, MCA would be conducting KYC of all Directors of all companies annually through a new eform viz - DIR-3 KYC
- Accordingly, every Individual who has been allotted DIN on or before 31st March, 2018 and whose DIN is in ‘Approved’ status, would be mandatorily required to file form DIR-3 KYC. Filing of DIR-3 KYC would be mandatory for Disqualified Directors also. It incldues residents in India or Foreigners, NRI's also.
- Individuals who have been allotted DIN till March 2018 are needed to file e-form DIR-3 KYC with MCA on or before 31st August,2018
- While filing the form, the Unique Personal Mobile Number and Personal Email ID would have to be mandatorily indicated and would be duly verified by One Time Password(OTP).
- The form should be filed by every Director using his own DSC and should be duly certified by a practicing professional (CA/CS/CMA).
- After expiry of the due date by which the KYC form is to be filed, the MCA21 system will mark all approved DINs (allotted on or before 31st March 2018) against which DIR-3 KYC form has not been filed as ‘Non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’. ‘Deactivated’with reason as‘Non-filing of DIR-3 KYC’
- After the due date filingof DIR-3 KYC in respect of such deactivated DINs shall be allowed upon payment of a specified fee only, without prejudice to any other action that may be taken.
- DIN-PAN database of Indian nationals needed to be matched
KYC Compliance for 2019-2020 onwards:
Every individual who has been allotted a Director Identification Number (DIN) as on 31 st March of a financial year submit e-form DIR-3-KYC on or before 30th April of immediate next financial year.
- For Indian Nationals: PAN is compulsory
- For Foreign Nationals: PASSPORT is compulsory
- Aadhar is mandatory
- Personal Mobile Number and email ID
- Present residential address proof.
In case of Indian Nationals, attestation of documents by Practicing Professionals required.
In case of Foreign Nationals, documents need to be attested by authority prescribed.
- Director Identification Number
- Directors Name
- Father’s Name
- Citizen of India
- Resident of India
- Date of Birth
- Other optional information
Note :This is a temporary information for DIR-3KYC. Actual information may differ once the e-form is notified by MCA.
“The information contained herein is only for informational purpose and should not be considered for any particular instance or individual or entity. We have obtained information from publicly available sources, there can be no guarantee that such information is accurate as of the date it is received, or it will continue to be accurate in future. No one should act on such information without obtaining professional advice after thorough examination of particular situation.”
Lakshman K and Ankith C Shetty
Happy to Help you
Ankit C Shetty